I started this quilt fairly early on (about 2010). I was given a shoe box full of strings. I used the coloured strings to created God's Promise. The neutrals were sewn into long strips and then cut into 60 degree diamonds.
After that many many fabrics were auditioned for the lattice. I believe I even took a poll. Burgundy won.
I made it into a top and promptly tossed in a box. Last month I took a craftsy class - Angela's Dot-to-Dot quilting and realised this would be the perfect guinea pig for her techniques. Just for posterity - here are all the fills I used on the edges - a different one in each square!
One Monthly Goal and
Crazy Mom Quilts